BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-14-2024, 12:07 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Programming issue to fix TPMS

Ok I need the coding people who know these cars to help out here.

My TMPS system isn't reading the tire pressure. I thought it was old TPMS so I replaced then when I replaced my tires. Does the same thing on reset it reads that they are there, starts at 0% on the reset and never moves. Brought it to the dealer for something else and told them about that as well. They came back with the following (basically no issue with TPMS or the RDC) they said a reprogam of the cars software should fix.

A CUSTOMER STATES TPS SENSOR IS NOT READING TIRE PRESSURE. HAD THEM
REPLACED ELSEWHERE AND STILL DOES NOT SHOW TIRE PRESSURES ON
SCREEN.
DIAG2 PERFORM ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
PROCEDURES
1090 CR 17689 VERIFIED CUSTOMERS CONCERN. SCANNED VEHICLE AND FOUND NO
FAULTS RELATED WITH THE RDC OR TPMS SYSTEM. HOW EVER THE I-LEVEL OF THE
VEHICLE IS FROM 2017, AND THERE IS MULTIPLE MODULES THAT NEED TO BE
CODED AND PROGRAMMED. RECOMMENDING PROGRAMMING TO BEGIN

So they go to do the software update and then called me and told me they cant because several modules were replaced with ones from a different car, to do so they have to replace all the module to the tune of $5k. I asked which modules and they are the HVAC panel, the iDrive controller and the rear HVAC panel. I declined because I was the one who replaced those with the ceramic versions for my car.

Here is what they wrote in the comments
17689 Unable to program vehicle due to IHKA, CON, FKA modules were
replaced elsewhere without coding.

So basically is there no way to upgrade my software without the original modules put in? Not sure how the F platform works, the E platform didn't care much.

If so how can I update, my software is from 2017, I can go to the car and check the version later today.

Everything in the car works including all those modules, I just cant read tire pressure.
      08-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Have you ever been able to read tire pressure and temp since you've owned the vehicle? If not, then its a simple coding of whatever module it is that controls that feature. You can code for temp and/or pressure....or deactivate the feature even though there are sensors in the tires.

If that's not the issue, then make sure you have the correct sensors. The sensors for the earlier 6 series operates on different frequency protocols vs the later versions. The later TPMS system has fewer modules than the earlier version which is another reason why you have to be careful as to which TPM sensors you install.

The CIC iDrive coding is slightly different than the NBT iDrive coding (see info below). You can go to the bimmercode.app supported coding web page to see which module that coding parameter is in to add tire pressure and temp.

Supported coding for the f06/f12/f13: https://bimmercode.app/cars/f12/
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-15-2024 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2024, 10:59 PM   #3
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Its never worked since I have owned the car. I replaced the TPMS sensors when I replaced the tires thinking maybe its a battery issue. The dealer confirmed I have the right TPMS, as well as the RDC, they are both working.

Have already done the step you showed in bimmercode to display both temp and pressure and it still doesn't work.

Basically, when I use the reset in the NBT (my car is a 2018) and drive off the read pressure, it shows that it finds the TPMS it starts to read at 0% and never moves off 0%, it doesn't give me an error either.

Maybe I will go in with Bimmercode and disable it completely, let it run a few cycles and try to re-enable and see what happens.